Monday 30 December 2013

Goal Holiday Anyone?

So many of us start scrambling, creating quick goal fixes & perceive the 01/01 the upmost day to KICK off goals. In hindsight we all know that a new year for most is a fresh start, new beginning that creates HUGE motivation BUT what it can also do is add unwanted pressure the feeling of I must start NOW! Then off you go & start your new years goals with maybe not enough TIME. The time to relax, take in the new year that is about to kick off & even most importantly time to spend CREATING the goals you truly want for 2014. The result is a month or two later majority of those new year Resolutions have lost motivation they are KAPUT, you have already burnt out the "Goal Candle".

So I am taking a different approach for the new year.  I am not the most patient chick in the world far from so as MUCH as I want to kick off my 6 new goals i have been creating for 2014 the 1/01/14 this start date does not really fit in because before I kick off these whopper 6 goals I have so excitedly created I really would like to reach one goal first & that is a

GOAL HOLIDAY

WHAT is a Goal Holiday? One were there is no action planning, taking each day as it comes, nothing that  has to be reached & by when. Kind of letting time just happen is that not what a holiday is about? I will still be achieving things, doing things but just LETTING them happen!

PURPOSE of this Goal Holiday? Is just to lap up the past year & start the new one FRESH. Plus I have to be REALISTIC it is school holidays how much goal reaching will seriously get done? But not just that I want to not fall into the "new year" goal trap mentioned earlier, I am going to be sure to save ALL the motivation energy & when I am ready I am going to kick 2014 goals to the MOON! Pow Wow!!!!

WHEN will the Goal Holiday end? I still set a date for this for if I did not how will I know when to start my NEW 2014 Goals and everything has a start & an end. So February is my kick off (school goes back) yep the whole month of January is a "goal holiday" but just think how amped I will be for February along with a kick ass action plan for the upcoming goals that I have in store!

BUT yep a huge but I will be very mindful this January month to keep momentum with runs here & there, balanced eating so I don't blow out, pick up a book & have a light read (all most finished one!), start reviewing my NEW diploma, dibble dabble in Goals 2b Reached work.

As I mentioned a Goal Holiday is just no planning living day by day, no reminder lists, shopping lists, or any list at all for that manner just me & time going by with the bonus of spending it with my family

So I leave you with these Q's that you can ask your self
                                    "Is the 1/1/2014 your right start date for your 2014 goals?"
                                                          " Do you need a goal holiday?"
                                          " If so what is your goal holiday start & end date"
                                 "How REALISTIC are you benign with kicking off your 2014 goals?"
                                            "You know a goal holiday sounds good right?"


So join me enjoy a "Goal Holiday" start your year FRESH,RELAXED, CALM just so you can create ENERGY for your 2014 goals I know I will be!

Bee xxx


1 comment:

  1. I definitely do the goal of 'Holiday' .I wait until the thunder of the Christmas storm has rumbled away and then I start. I have holidays until the end of January but I consider those first three weeks total no time, no clocks eat and drink when and what you want time. I get to write,read and catch up with friends.Then I will slowly get back into the work groove that last week with some work preparation before having the last big bang of fun on Australia Day. Then its heads down back to work.
    Found your blog via referral from a ms mystery case blog post :)

    ReplyDelete