Tuesday 11 September 2012

Guilt Gut


Ever had the feeling of Guilt Gut? You know that feeling of your stomach tossing, turning & feels empty but you want to be sick like you have had to much baked dinner?

Well I think I ate the whole leg of lamb at the moment sitting here about to board a plane whilst leaving my right arm behind (that means my Hubbie & two Vegemite's) to embark on a trip that has been organised for quiet some time.

Everyone keeps saying "don't feel guilty" and I know I should not but it just shows how strong the brain can tell the other part of the body that you feel guilty (that part of my body being my gut). So what is GUILT?

Guilt "The fact or state of having committed an offence, crime, violation, or wrong" WOW Crime? Offence? Violation? Heavy words totally has my brain thinking I am not committing any of these so why do I feel this way?

Easy we all have been guilty of Gut Guilt weather you are a mother, father, sister, brother, we all have had it and if you have not experienced it that is way cool and must mean confidence above and beyond.
The main reason we feel Gut Guilt (majority of us) is when we

PUT OUR SELF FIRST- We always strive to make those around us happy, comfortable, or whatever the feeling maybe but as long as that other person is feeling it and not you. But what about that good ol saying "you have to learn to love yourself before you love anyone else" the whole thing putting your self first has also a bad stigma of "selfishness" that if you do put yourself first that instead of thinking your loving yourself you are being selfish. Maybe that is why I have Gut Guilt?

So I have written 5 positive selfless reasons as to why I am going on a little trip to make me feel that what I am doing is setting a bar for myself and my family. So a shout out to all those that ever get GUILT GUT mind over matter and write positive reasons why you are putting yourself first.

So I am about to board and I am leaving my Gut Guilt at the gate! I love you my right arm and miss you already


Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment